Thursday, September 22, 2005

Saludos. After much consideration, I've decided to plunge into the blogosphere. Many thanks to Matt, Tom, Meg, Marie, Sara, and Traci for making it look so appealing. Now that life has changed course a bit (from Chicago to D.C.) there are new discoveries to be made.

Every night as I leave from my job and walk toward the Metro, I see interesting people. I don't know if the area has something to do with it, but there are a lot of psychics and palm readers around here. Perhaps in the Capital there are bound to be various forms of intelligence (information) found. Anyway, there are usually several homeless people sitting atop plastic crates asking for change and watching the passersby. Well, today there was a man seated on the sidewalk with a sign that read "Advice" and in parenthesis underneath "Not licensed to give medical advice" and "Inquire about fee".

Certainly more clever than most, but I didn't see many people taking his ad seriously.

What caught more attention was the man at the crosswalk yesterday shouting "I'm homeless and I need a sandwich...Spare some change...I LOVE WHITE PEOPLE!"

Welcome to the District of Colombia, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home